Thursday, August 21, 2008

Changes in Attitude, Changes in Lattitude!

It's been a while since I've been here, and I apologize to those of you who follow this blog. As you're reading this, I have returned to my roots in South Florida, taking a position with one of my former clients as Director of Special Finance.

After three years outside of the dealership, I decided I needed to go back inside to get a clear understanding of today's market. Everyone has been telling me that things have changed, and indeed they have, but I decided that the only way I could truly understand was to see for myself. Special Finance is a lot like skydiving... everyone knows how it's done, but only those who have actually jumped can tell you what it is like!

So, it is with that thought that I have "jumped" back in to the dealership. I had worked for this company before I decided to move to Charlotte, and when the used car director called me to ask if I knew anyone who was looking to make a move, well, as they say, timing is everything. After some careful consideration ( and a pay plan that was too good to pass up), I headed for the airport and here I am.

I'll be writing here on a regular basis, as well as in Special Finance Magazine. A view, from the front line so to speak, trying to bring a fresh perspective on what is really happening in dealership TODAY! In the meantime, I welcome your insight and comments. Send your thoughts to subrpimecoach@hotmail.com and I publish them here.

It's good to be back. I forgot how much I missed this, and look forward to sharing my stories with you. Until then, remember..."If everybody could do this, they wouldn't call it Special Finance!"