Friday, October 4, 2013

I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, here we are in 2013, and some of you (I hope) have been wondering "What the heck ever happened to this guy?" Well, to make a long story short, I am back in Florida again, and doing what I do best. I am setting up a dedicated Special Finance department in a Nissan/Kia dealership in the West Palm Beach area. I had returned to Florida a few years ago to do something similar for a friend and former boss of mine who became the GM/Partner in a major import dealership, and we had a great run, until the group we worked for decided he was the guy they wanted for a partner.I managed to last a few more months and then, as the saying goes, a new broom sweeps clean. As I was the last person hired by the former GM, I was the first to go. After taking a few months off to lick my wounds, I started looking around again. After all, the $275 a week that Florida unemployment pays can only go so far! I was fortunate enough to find a finance managers position with the Napleton Group at their Chrysler Jeep Dodge store in North Palm Beach, and became the finance director after a week! After burning through two partners, I finally found someone who fit the place perfectly, and together we turned the dealership around. Month after month, our PVR and penetrations rose, from the bottom to being in the top 5 for the company. Recently, the company decided to embrace the sub prime market start up a dedicated department at the Nissan and Kia dealership. They offered me the opportunity and I've been here a week. I've already delivered 14 units from floor traffic alone,so the potential is definitely here. I'll be doing some marketing to bring clients directly to me, and the GM figures there are conservatively 60 deals a month to be done. (I think he's being a little conservative, but that's another story.) So keep tuned for my progress reports. I salute those of you who managed to ride out the storms of the last 5 years. It hasn't been easy for many, and many of my contemporaries here have left the auto business to pursue other interests. Some went to insurance, some back to sales, some just disappeared. But I'm back where i belong, back to my "roots" so to speak. ANd I'm looking forward to another long, profitable, and enjoyable adventure!